Should everyone need to know 0-1 miracle for digitilazition?
– Many readymix suppliers struggle to differentiate themselves in the market. Many experience that their clients start buying from another supplier from one day to the next. Even if the concrete product is of excellent quality and you deliver the concrete on time, this might not be enough to retain a customer in the long term.
– Nowadays there is one inevitable solution, digitalization!
- The adoption of internet of things (IoT) technology to increase productivity.
- The power of IoT to ensure readymix meets quality and specification requirements when it is gets to the jobsite.
- While focused on reducing waste in operations, the digital technology is the unique solution.
- A slump indicator on the mixer trucks displays slump and temperature, enabling operators or even the customer to verify the concrete meets its specification.
- Smart sensor technology monitors and helps to manage properties ranging from slump, temperature, volume, water added and location/status of the mixer truck.
- Embedded sensors for quality assurance and legality.
- The industry is focused on environmental improvement with digital technology for example capturing CO2.
- GPR technology bring safe and efficient operation of mixer trucks.
- Digital technology also closes the communication gap with project stakeholders by sending notifications when a load is leaving the site, when it is ready for discharge, how much water was added, and other data points, etc.
– But there is a question, ‘are there some people preventing digitalization within the company? Is the older generation really afraid of losing their jobs?’
-Actually, there is nothing to be worried about that. Everyone is already going digital in some way, mostly by osmosis.
– For example, if a mixer driver gets a paperless approval for the delivery ticket at the site, should we consider he knows all about the 0-1 concepts?
-Which generations are working together in the readymixed industry? Today, more than half of the workforce in the world consists of Generation X. This group was born into the digital world.
– On the other hand, the Mors alphabet have similar codes which consists of only two things a dot and a dash. All the letters consist of inputs available or not in other words 1 or 0. People have used this Morse alphabet more than century. Unrestful generation, Baby Boomers should had received a telegram during their childhood.
– Now the main question is where should we start digitalization? Gradually or using direct technologies? In order to reduce employees’ fears and concerns, shouldn’t it be necessary to first create a cultural infrastructure?
-You will find all of above in this eBook which consists of following chapters; readymix concrete, industry 4.0 and rmc, innovation in rmc technology, smart sensors, concrete sensors, drum sensors, digital logistic, digital qc, robots in rmc, digital culture and transformation.
WhatsApp: +90 532-4161387